Part 2 of 2 – Strictly Come Dancing – One Mans Marmite Sandwiches is another’s Bacon Butty.



From Lettuce Sarnie to BOGOF tokens at Subway, part two of the Strictly line up 2011.


Holly Valance – The leggy blond Aussie (female version) will be another firm favourite, due to her previous (if rather short), pop career. Music videos prancing about and looking sexy is no guarantee she’ll know her Rumba from her Salsa but it does tend to ensure a top 4 finish. More Rocket, Iceburg and Romany Lettuce on wholemeal with no butter or mayo.

Jason Donovan – He may not look as good in tight lycra as his Antipodean counter part but ‘Too many broken Hearts’ Donavan will be a firm favourite with the voting public. Whether he will see the final or not is as predictable as whether the Wallabees will see the Rugby World Cup Final. There is a chance but more than likely wont.

Lulu – I promise not to use the word ‘shout’ when discussing… DOH!!! I think Lulu will triumph in this competition and may even be a finalist.

Nancy Dell’Olio – This year’s fire cracker, her partnership with Mr Angry (Brendon) could be quite the audience puller. I suspect Nancy is more Bruschetta than Panini and I expect Brendon is rueing the day he was paired up with her. Still, I am looking forward to seeing her dance as well as gobbing off. I am going to guess she will give us all a giggle and dance well too.

Robbie Savage – Robbie Savage in a pink shirt, yes! Every year there is an issue with certain types of male not ‘giving’ themselves to the dance. Austin Healey struggled but when he worked out how to allow his macho status to be lulled into a Viennese Waltz he fell into the gig and pulled out a blinder… I think Robbie will be faced with the same test but I can’t help but think he will fail – huge. I may be wrong but there is more chance of a Tesco pre-packed sarnie packing fewer calories than homemade.

Rory Bremner – One of the first to go? Maybe but when you take a bite into fried egg sandwich you don’t expect to taste tuna. Could his ‘day job’ save him from an early impression of one foot in the grave – I don’t believe it.

Russell Grant – This year’s John Sargeant? Actually I don’t think so. I have a feeling the fella may have some energy on him. True, he may finish each dance sweating like me queuing at Subway with a buy one get one free token but I think he will do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment